Nationwide Recruiting Director Mike Farrell’s Three Level Stance is right here with some ideas on prime 10 teaching jobs, the highest true freshmen operating backs from the 2020 season and 5 coaches set to take the subsequent step to elite standing.
PREDICTIONS FOR NSD 2021: Midwest | Southeast | East Coast | West
CLASS OF 2021 RANKINGS: Rivals250 | Place | Group | State
CLASS OF 2022 RANKINGS: Rivals250 | Place | Group | State
COVERAGE: Rivals Switch Tracker | Rivals Camp Collection
OK, this debate in my head began once I started desirous about the open Tennessee job and why a man like Tony Elliott, the offensive coordinator at Clemson, was so undesirable by #VolTwitter. Was this a prime 10 job in faculty soccer nonetheless?
I did some considering and got here up with this — it’s not even shut and Vols followers needs to be pleased with Josh Heupel for leaving an excellent scenario at UCF and strolling into a multitude in Knoxville. So the place does the Tennessee job stand? Someplace between 15 and 20.
Right here’s my prime 10, and the Vols didn’t even come shut.
1. Alabama — This could not even be a debate as Nick Saban has the Alabama program as near an NFL franchise as doable with tradition, recruiting and participant improvement off the charts.
2. Ohio State — The best way the Buckeyes are capable of recruit and the way they merely dominate the Huge Ten makes this top-of-the-line jobs in all of sports activities.
3. Clemson — Clemson could not have the status or cash of some applications behind it, however are you able to identify a greater program within the Southeast with out Saban?
4. Texas — Sure, that is nonetheless very a lot a premium job with nice recruiting benefits, status and countless cash. It’s superb that somebody hasn’t been in a position to determine easy methods to win there lately.
5. USC — This can be an unpopular selection, however the recruiting panorama continues to be superb, the town has confirmed to get behind a winner and big-name coaches will at all times have an interest.
6. Georgia — UGA has an amazing recruiting territory and every little thing wanted to win a nationwide title so far as athletic help. It’s superb it’s been since 1980, truthfully.
7. LSU — Nobody has a greater recruiting benefit than LSU. If it weren’t for Alabama, the Tigers could be a lot greater on this record.
8. Oklahoma — The Huge 12 continues to be the Sooners to personal, and if that they had a greater crop of in-state gamers they’d be greater. However this can be a job the place you’ll be able to win a natty.
9. Florida — With FSU within the dumpster and Miami shedding a little bit of its luster with years of mediocre play, the Gators are nonetheless No. 1 in Florida and that makes it a beautiful program.
10. Texas A&M — A shock on this record? Maybe, as a result of the Aggies haven’t received something just like the others, however being the SEC workforce in Texas is a big deal.
After these 10, you’ll be able to focus on Notre Dame, Michigan, Miami, Oregon, Penn State after which begin speaking Vols.
1. Tank Bigsby, Auburn — We must always have stored him as a five-star (my fault), as a result of he’s wanting excellent already as a key to Auburn’s offense.
2. Bijan Robinson, Texas — On the finish of the season, he was some of the harmful gamers within the nation and confirmed why he was a five-star.
3. Deuce Vaughn, Kansas State — He’s so enjoyable to observe within the operating and passing sport and makes folks whiff with ease.
4. Jahmyr Gibbs, Georgia Tech — Gibbs flashed his velocity for Tech and needs to be a workhorse subsequent season.
5. Ty Jordan, Utah — Gone approach too quickly, his tragic dying overshadowed a tremendous begin to his faculty profession.
6. Ulysses Bentley, SMU — The highest Group of 5 again on my record, he is a superb match with the Mustangs.
7. Cam Porter, Northwestern — Who? Ohio State can’t take each child in-state, and this excessive three-star is wanting like a steal.
8. Sean Tucker, Syracuse — We had him as a mid three-star nook and he instantly emerged as a operating and passing sport menace.
9. Chris Tyree, Notre Dame — Tyree was recognized for his velocity popping out of highschool and he confirmed that straight away at Notre Dame.
10. Frank Gore Jr., Southern Miss — The son of the longer term NFL Corridor of Famer is shortly carving out his personal legacy.
And at last, will Josh Heupel be the subsequent nice coach in faculty soccer and be part of Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, Mack Brown, Jimbo Fisher and others as sitting legends with nationwide titles underneath their belt? Unlikely, however we are able to all dream. Listed below are my 5 coaches subsequent in line for superstardom.
1. Ryan Day, Ohio State — It’s solely a matter of time earlier than Day wins a nationwide title. It’s sure to occur, the best way he coaches and recruits.
2. Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma — Riley has been to the playoff 3 times and may lastly have the protection to interrupt by way of and win all of it subsequent season.
3. Mario Cristobal, Oregon — He’s an elite recruiter and a very good coach, and Oregon has one of the best probability of anybody to interrupt by way of within the Pac-12.
4. Matt Campbell, Iowa State — Not at Iowa State, however when he takes an enormous job someplace the place he can win a natty – and he most likely will.
5. Kirby Good, Georgia — The teaching generally worries me, but when he retains recruiting this fashion it’s sure to occur.